greenspace opened in December 2006 to address the growing demand for green products and services in the Monterey Bay area.
Our goal is to provide a resource center to educate the community on the wide array of options available to lighten our impact on the earth and to create healthy environments without sacrificing comfort and beauty. Our products and services are designed to:
- Improve indoor air quality by using non toxic products
- Save natural resources by using materials made from recycled or salvaged materials
- Improve energy efficiency by reducing use of fossil fuels in favor of alternative sources of energy
- Ease global warming by reducing our direct and indirect carbon production
What makes a product Green?
We have spent many hours choosing the appropriate products for our store. We select the highest quality materials that provide a high level of ecological benefit to the environment and to our clients. All of products are chosen for their functionality, beauty, durability and effectiveness. Outlined below are some of the criteria we use in our product selection guidelines.
- Is it non-toxic?
- Does it contain recycled content?
- Is it sourced locally?
- Is it no more than you need?
- Does it reduce energy consumption?
- Does it reduce water consumption?
- Does it meet or beat strict European indoor air quality standards?
- Is it of sufficient quality that it will not need to be replaced frequently?
- Is it biodegradable?
- Is it sustainably harvested?
We encourage you to browse our products. We have outlined what makes each product green and why this is important. We encourage you to stop by our showroom to see, touch and experience the products, browse our collection of books and enjoy the ambience.