ECO by Cosentino: Eco-Friendly Solutions for Countertops
ECO by Cosentino is a durable surface made of 75% recycled content composed of post-industrial or post-consumer materials and is bound by an environmentally friendly resin which comes in part from corn oil. ECO by Cosentino is also an ideal substitute for natural or engineered stone.
* High performance against staining, scratching and scorching
* Available in 10 designer colors and two textures (Leather™ and polished)
* Available in a 63"x 128" slab
Check out ECObyCosentino.com for more info
ECO by Cosentino is composed of:
* mirrors salvaged from houses, building and factories;
* glass from windshields, windows and bottles;
* granulated glass from consumer recycling practices;
* porcelain from china, tiles, sinks, toilets and ECO by Cosentino elements
ECO by Cosentino uses an eco-friendly resin with 22% of its composition coming from vegetable origin (mainly corn).
ECO by Cosentino uses products that have reached the end of their lifecycle - this means materials being used in ECO by Cosentino cannot be incorporated in to any other industrial product that would otherwise collect in landfills.
In the first year's production of ECO by Cosentino we will use the equivalent to 2 million standard sized bathroom mirrors (10.5 sq ft).
ECO by Cosentino will use the equivalent of 539K sq ft of ceramic material yearly.
Did you know consumption of recycled materials results in:
* Elimination of waste from landfills
* Utilization of less energy in creation of new raw materials
* Brings products back to life
* Less utilization of natural resources and deforestation
Using ECO by Cosentino friendly resins results in:
* Less impact to air quality
* Less energy consumption
* 94% Recycled Water
* 99% of VOC purification at the factory
* Quarry Restoration
The production of ECO by Cosentino is expected to reuse the equivalent of 60 million glass bottles every year
Cosentino the makers of ECO by Cosentino works with national government agencies on re-forestation practices