The Real Milk Paint Co.
Milk paint is an environmentally friendly paint that is ideal for antique furniture, decks, floors and walls. You can mix milk paint with pigment powders to create just about any color you can imagine. Made from all organic materials including powdered purified casein, lime and pigments. Powdered Real Milk Paint will remain usable for a minimum of a two-week period after being mixed with water. Other milk paints have a short pot life and congeal (jell) to a blob allowing only one day to use the mixed paint or be forced to discard the remainder.
See realmilkpaint.com for colors & more information
- Environmentally safe + non-toxic
- Available in pints, quarts, and gallons.
- Covers approximately 280 square feet per gallon
- Sticks to raw wood, plaster, dry wall, stone, unsealed brick and concrete and no primer needed on raw wood and porous surfaces
- Sticks to latex with the addition of Ultra Bond
- Easy to use, water-based formula. Each bag contains everything needed; just add water.
- Remains usable for a minimum of two weeks after mixing with water
- Does not contain radioactive kaolin clays as filler
- Traditional color palette, based on antique painted furniture
- Virtually no odor during application and no residual odor after drying
- Dries fast (30 minutes to 4 hours depending on ambient temperature)